Rumors, leaks and stories, we can find a lot of potential information about the latest baby by Apple: the iPhone 8. If Apple follows its habits, the launch should be in September.
We, at Raz Tech, as Technology lovers, tried to put all the info together, in this blog post.
The potential specs of the new iPhone would be:
- A virtual home button (integrated Touch ID)
- The actual Touch ID would also have alternative options: Iris Scanning and/or Facial Recognition
*According to Korea Economic Daily, Bloomberg and a JP Morgan analyst, Apple has been working on facial recognition technology that leverages dual cameras for "biometric" identification.
*Though some reports say Apple has figured out how to embed Touch ID directly in the display, others have suggested that the challenge of mass producing a virtual home button/optical fingerprint scanner is the reason that the iPhone 8 won't come out in September.
- The Design: curved, edge-to-edge OLED display, +/- four colors including a mirror-like option, stainless steel and glass body
* Bloomberg says the iPhone 8's screen "covers almost the entire front of the device" and Kuo says it will have "the highest screen-to-body ratio" of any phone.
- Superfast charging via USB-C connection and also a potential "wireless" charging
- Provided with iOS 11 and Apple's next generation processor: faster
*A dual camera array would also be capable of supporting the AR applications we know are coming to iOS 11, which Apple introduced at this year's .
- Dual-lens camera (possible vertical config)
- Storage: Possible start at 64GB and 3GB of RAM
- Might be waterproof
- Price range: $850 - $1200 in the United States
- Potentially gifted with AR capabilities: rear-facing 3D laser for depth perception
- AirPods included: currently Bluetooth-enabled headphones price is £159 in the UK and AU$229 in Australia.
Source (c): iPhone8look, CNet